Having a dream to upgrade our academic profile and to get an opportunity to work with the great international companies often leaves us overthinking about where and how to start. We have to study to get through the entrance exams like GMAT, GRE, IELTS, TOEFL and various others. But is we only particularly talk about GRE, a lot of questions run through our minds like, What is GRE exam for? , Am I eligible for GRE exam?, Is GRE hard exam?, How much does GRE cost?, etc,. Let us give you a quick understanding of this.
click here – How to Find Someone With Only a Phone Number?
GRE exam is one of the most sought-after exams for students who aspire to study abroad. Thousands of aspirants sit for the competitive exam every year to test their academic capabilities while enrolling in their dream colleges or universities abroad. Let us help you find out all about GRE 2022 and the comprehensive GRE syllabus you need to follow to succeed.
An Overview of GRE 2022
GRE stands for Graduate Record Examination. It is a popular exam that permits you to master specific subjects and other advanced writing capabilities. The test serves to be a registered trademark of ETS or Educational Testing Service with its headquarters in Princeton in New Jersey.
The GRE exam takes place every year and undertaken by students looking forward to pursuing a specialized Master’s Course or Doctorate Degree at leading B-schools in Canada, the United Kingdom, the United States of America, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, and Europe.
The annual entrance exam is committed to assessing various skills of the applicants -like quantitative reasoning, analytical writing, verbal, and so more. Preparation for GRE 2022 will depend on the GRE syllabus 2022 and the type of GRE test you will sit for, and the total time left for the exam. Before you give the exam, it is imperative for you to know about essential details like GRE 2022 eligibility, average score, exam pattern, cut-off, syllabus, and practice papers.
Understanding GRE 2022 Syllabus
As a part of the GRE General Test, the component of Quantitative Reasoning evaluates your overall ability to resolve mathematical concepts at its entry level. At the same time, in the Quantitative Reasoning section of the exam, you will come across real-life questions. There are some questions applying to mathematical situations as well.
If you wish to achieve success in GRE 2022, it is imperative for you to fully understand the GRE 2022 syllabus in detail. Let us understand the same by each section:
Syllabus for GRE Quantitative
The GRE quantitative syllabus comprises four main sections and other sub-sections. Here are some:
- GRE Arithmetic: This section covers several areas while involving much more than merely subtraction and addition. The section is responsible for examining the properties of numbers and how they can be used.
- GRE Algebra: The section features different areas that are closely linked to each other. A majority of problems related to GRE algebra include one or more variables.
- GRE Geometry: Problems related to GRE Geometry tend to be different from the other three sections in the field of quantitative reasoning. Around 15 percent of GRE questions are on geometry. Some of the most common questions in the given field are related to polygons and circles.
- GRE Data Analysis: You will come across several questions in the GRE data analysis section. Every question revolves around the concept of a graph or a table.
Syllabus for GRE Quantitative Reasoning
Some of the common sections that are included in the syllabus for GRE quantitative reasoning are:
- Arithmetic Topics:
- Types and properties of integers, prime numbers, factorization, divisibility, odd & even integers, and remainders.
- Arithmetic operations, percent, estimation, exponents & roots, absolute value, rate, ratio, sequences of numbers, representation of numbers, the number line, and so more.
- Algebra Topics:
- Quadratic and linear equations and inequalities
- Linear & quadratic equations & inequalities
- Operations with exponents, relations, simplifying and factoring algebraic expressions, inequalities, equations, functions
- Simultaneous equations & inequalities
- Coordinate geometry -including equations & inequalities, graphs of functions, slopes of lines, and intercepts
- Setting up equations to solve word-specific problems
- Geometry Topics:
- Angle measurement in different degrees and the Pythagoras theorem
- Perpendicular and parallel lines, triangles, circles, other polygons, quadrilaterals, three-dimensional figures, volume, perimeter, area
- Data Analysis Topics:
- Basics of descriptive statistics -including mean, mode, median, range, quartiles, standard deviation, percentiles
- Data interpretation in the form of graphs and tables -including bar graphs, line graphs, scatter plots, circle graphs, frequency distributions
- Elementary probability -including independent events, probabilities of compound events
- Conditional probability -diagrams, permutations, combinations, counting methods
GRE 2022 Exam Eligibility Criteria
The GRE exam turns out to be quite flexible with respect to student eligibility. The ETS has not prescribed the eligibility criteria. Anyone is capable of registering for the GRE 2022 exam. There is no restriction on qualifications or age. Candidates who are applying for the Master’s course will require to present a proper GRE score for applying to high-level colleges or universities.
One main cause that most official guides to the GRE exam includes is meeting the admission criteria of the given grad schools at all costs. In addition to this, you are also expected to be in possession of a valid passport as the identity proof at the respective GRE exam center.
GRE Age Limit
Until now, there is no information on any specific age limit for candidates who wish to appear for the GRE test.
GRE Exam Qualification
ETS has not come up with any official announcement with respect to the qualification needed for appearing for the GRE Exam. However, it is expected that the candidates should possess a graduate degree from some recognized university in any given discipline.
Common GRE Exam 2022 FAQs
- Who can take up the GRE 2022?
Anyone who has dreams of pursuing higher education in a high-end university or college abroad can think of applying for GRE 2022. The GRE exam is conducted by considering universities towards enrolling students.
- How can I start preparing for GRE 2022?
You can go ahead with choosing a convenient date that will align with your preparation. The GRE exam takes place several times during a year. Moreover, you can take up the GRE exam for as many as 5 times in a particular year.
- What subjects are covered in the GRE Exam?
The GRE exam features several subjects like Verbal Reasoning to judge your overall skills on the basis of competency in English and understanding of the grammatical skills. There is also the presence of other subjects like Quantitative Reasoning and Analytical Writing.