After buying a health insurance plan, it is possible to find the plan slightly insufficient in terms of the sum insured to suit the needs of all the beneficiaries of the policy. Insurance providers understand this woe and have addressed this with the help of top-up and super top-up plans. A super top-up health insurance plan is similar to the mobile talk time boost that helps you avail of additional talk time, in case you have exhausted your current plan. The top-up plan serves as a boost to provide you with an additional sum insured to last the policy period. But, the plan comes into effect only after the entire claim amount of your current policy is spent and the fixed deductible is fully paid.
click here – What is an Aptitude Test?
Who Should Opt for the Super Top-Up Health Insurance?
Though all health insurance policies serve more or less the same purpose, some of them have a specific intended target group they would like to serve the best. In the case of the super top-up health insurance, the policy, though it helps all their policyholders equally, may be best suited for the following people.
- It is a norm for corporates to provide sponsored health insurance policies for their employees and their families. While the policy helps you manage funds for any of your medical emergencies, the sum insured may not be necessarily enough to last you throughout the policy period. So, you can boost your existing medical insurance with a super top-up plan.
- Not all plans have comprehensive coverage that will help provide for all your medical needs. In case you feel the sum insured of your existing health plan is insufficient, you can always opt for a boost, instead of buying a new one.
- The insurance premium increases as your age increases. So, if you are a senior citizen or have a floater plan with higher premiums, you could always opt for super top-up insurance and evade the higher premium. But, this will mean you have to pay your full deductible amount to enjoy the benefits of the top-up plan.
What is Covered Under the Super Top-up Health Insurance?
The main idea of a health insurance policy is to be able to provide the right medical and financial help to all their policyholders. This will enable them to handle the medical emergency with ease. Here is the list of expenses covered under the super top-up health insurance.
- Hospitalization Expenses
- Day Care Procedures
- ICU Room Rent
- Ambulance Charges
- Complimentary Annual Health Checkup
- Pre and Post-Hospitalization Expenses
- Post-Hospitalization Benefit
- Psychiatric Illness Cover
- Bariatric Surgery
What is Not Covered Under the Super Top-Up Health Insurance?
While health insurance policies are curated with the intent to make it exhaustive and inclusive to better suit the needs and requirements of their policyholders, there are certain asterisks over the whole exhaustive coverage part. The caps on the super top-up health insurance includes dismissing:
click here – Why is it important to buy Instagram followers?
- Any claim made under the top-up health before the existing health insurance policy claim amount is exhausted or the fixed deductible has been fully paid.
- Claims made during the waiting period of any pre-existing condition.
- Reimbursement of expenses barred for hospitalization for any ailment that has not been advised by the doctor.
- Claims made for pre and post-natal expenses, unless hospitalized.
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit UsesInHindi
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit WebCapi
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit WeJii